Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Quilter's Apprentice

The Quilter's Apprentice The Quilter's Apprentice by Jennifer Chiaverini


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
A quick, easy read. Amazingly clean. Sometimes I think she struggles with describing the quilts, although being a quilter myself, I know many of the blocks by name and can visualize them without a description. She does a wonderful job weaving the stories into the plot. I think she could have done more description, as well and development of the relationship between Sarah and Sylvia. It seemed a little too scripted - it happened too easily. I am curious to see what she does in the next book, although I have a feeling that she could have combined the two into 1 (this book was only 266 pages). Oh, and I wished that she had told the story behind the "contrary wife." I think it's so funny that I'll have to make one myself someday!


View all my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment